Nasty Letters To Crooked Politicians

As we enter a new era of politics, we hope to see that Obama has the courage to fight the policies that Progressives hate. Will he have the fortitude to turn the economic future of America to help the working man? Or will he turn out to be just a pawn of big money, as he seems to be right now.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Kerry Fought as a Young Man...He Will (NOT) Fight Now

Yahoo! News - Bush Camp Declares Victory; Kerry Concession: IGNORE THE FOLLOWING STORY. IT WAS WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO THOUGHT KERRY HAD BALLS. IF THIS SITUATION WERE REVERSED, CHIMPO WOULD BE HOLDING ON TO THE WHITE HOUSE LIKE A MONKEY HOLDS ON TO UGLY.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites)'s campaign declared victory on Wednesday over Democratic Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) and claimed a second term in the White House, but Kerry refused to concede until all ballots were counted in the undecided state of Ohio.

In a dispute that evoked memories of the prolonged election recount in Florida in 2000, questions about provisional and absentee ballots in Ohio delayed the final outcome of a presidential election.

But White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card, in a pre-dawn appearance before Bush supporters at a planned victory rally, said Bush had a 'statistically insurmountable' lead in Ohio and had won a majority of the popular vote.

'We are convinced that President Bush has won re-election,' Card said, adding Bush would make a statement later on Wednesday."

1 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read with interest your comments on your disappointment with Kerry for not standing and fighting on the 4th. I too was disappointed. In fact, when they said he'd called Bush to concede, I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach.

    And I was mad because I'd donated money specifically to the Stand & Fight fund, and I almost felt like they should give it back. Though I suppose they used it and more for hiring all those lawyers just in case.

    But I don't blame Kerry. For one thing, my brother (& how he'd know this, I don't know - except that he obsessively reads every single thing on the web about the election) said Kerry wanted to fight but the Democratic leadership wouldn't back him up. And that sounds about right. Because it sounds like Kerry not to want to give up. And it sounds like the rest of the Democrats to be wimps.

    I think he's a good guy (look how little they had to smear him with, and that was mainly lies), and I have ever since I learned that he not only volunteered to go to Vietnam, he came home and protested. I turned 21 in 1966 so I know what courage it took to go against the status quo. I think he was just what the country needs, whether it realizes it or not.

    This is the fourth time I've voted against W. But, in the last couple of days, I've not only accepted the loss, I'm glad Kerry lost: Bush needs to reap what he's sown. When things start to go wrong, and they will, they need to be hung on him, not on John Kerry. And, being a child of the sixties, I believe that what goes around, comes around. And the President of the United States isn't any more exempt from that than the rest of us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home